An alternative pancake recipe from Saba Kai Yad Sai
Pancake Tuesday is around the corner and this alternative recipe from Saba makes the perfect savoury pancakes for two. The recipe below gives you the expertise to cook at home or indeed you can drop into Saba and treat yourself to the expert’s version for just €15.95.
This delicious recipe for an egg pancake stuffed with stir fried minced chicken and prawns with snow peas, carrot, onion has been created by Saba executive chef Taweesak Trakoolwattana.
6 eggs 4dsp tomato ketchup
200g minced chicken breast 2dsp soy sauce
100g minced prawns 1dsp oyster sauce
50g snow peas ½ dsp black soy sauce
50g small diced carrot ¼ tsp ground white pepper
80g small diced onion 3dsp chicken stock or water
2dsp sunflower oil for egg pancake ½ tsp sugar
3dsp sunflower oil for cooking 3cloves chopped garlic
2 stalk coriander for garnish
· Beat the eggs until smooth keep to one side. Use three small eggs per person.
· Heat the non-stick pan to medium hot and add 1dsp of oil. Pour the egg, rolling it slowly around the pan.
· Make sure the mixture is flat and not lumpy. Cook each side for 30 seconds and keep to one side.
· Bring the wok to medium heat add the oil and garlic. Stir until there is an aroma.
· Add the minced chicken and prawns and stir for a minute.
· Add snow peas, carrot and onion and stir for 30 seconds, season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, ground white pepper and tomato ketchup.
· Add chicken stock and stir until they are mixed well. Split into two portions and keep to one side.
· Place the egg pancake on a plate and place the filling in centre. Wrap from the four sides to the middle and place another plate on top. Flick upside down. Garnish with coriander and serve with Thai Jasmine rice.